Alabama Latino AIDS Coalition seeks to improve sexual transmitted infections and HIV Knowledge, prevention efforts and access to services among the Latino Community in Alabama.
Coordinate an effective network of Health services providers, non- profit Organizations, churches, universities, colleges, AIDS services organizations and community leaders to connect the Latino community in Alabama to HIV testing, education, advocacy; and linkage to care for Latinos living with HIV/AIDS
Provides the following services:
- Provide free HIV testing and confidential in our offices, health fairs, consulates and outreach events in the communities.
- Linkage to care (Make referrals, follow ups and appointments with clinics for health care).
- Make referrals to other organizations for additional assistance.
- Bi-monthly meetings with members of the coalitions.
- Interpretation services for appointments for transitional Programs, permanent housing and emergency Financial Assistance.
- Free education through conferences and workshops for HIV prevention and sexually transmitted infections in the community.
- Education about living well with HIV.
- Advocacy for Latinos living with HIV/AIDS.
- Advocacy for social justice and reduce health disparities in the Latino community.
All services in Spanish.